Thursday, December 30, 2010

First Fill Up

After getting home I also upped the tire pressure to 40PSI (the tires are 44PSI cold max).

I forgot to reset the trip odometer when I gassed up on my drive north, so it took two more tanks before I could calculate my actual fuel economy. After resetting the onboard computer's average it was reading high 30s for the first week, slowly dropping a little each day.

I didn't save my receipt from that third fill up, as I hadn't thought to blog it at that time, but I recall it was about 34 MPG. We were on our way out of town to Tahoe for New Years. This is lower than what the computer was telling me, but at least 10% better than what I'd get in the old Accord and with far more comfort and features (leather and working AC), so I was pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment