Saturday, June 9, 2012

Oil Change and Tire Rotation.

76,312 miles.

Capitol Expressway Ford in San Jose.

The "oil life indicator" starts pinging a reminder at 10% oil life remaining. I meant to go in sooner but just wasn't able to fit it into the schedule. I ended up going in with 9% remaining, and I'm pretty sure it just goes by 10k miles as 100% because I had just over 9k miles on that oil, which is definitely the longest I've ever gone in any car without changing the oil.

Capitol Ford does a reasonable job for a decent price, and I like that they also rotate the tires. I had them hold off on that this time though because the rear tires are now quite worn while the front tires are still good. I'm waiting to replace all four and then will rotate them regularly to maintain uniform tread wear.

Everything else checked out great! Total cost was $46.54.

It looks like they have set my tire pressure back down to 35 PSI, so I'll need to boost it back up to 40 PSI to maintain the great MPG I've been getting lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment