Thursday, February 25, 2021

Oil change.

158,192 miles. Capitol Expressway Ford in San Jose.

Oddly this was only about 4k miles since the last oil change, around one year ago. Since covid hit we just aren't driving that much.

I still haven't replaced the tires (now eight years and 73k miles on the Michelin Latitude Tour tires P235/70R16, rated for 65k miles!), so I again skipped the tire rotation and just did the oil change. They noted the tires need replacement (1-2/32" of tread) and quoted $1371.16 for replacement.

Total cost for the oil and filter change was $91.44! Yikes! And that was after a coupon for $10 off. Looks like I might start doing my own oil changes. I have been going to Capitol Ford for years because they rotate the tires and change the oil, which I want done together. But I may buy the next set of tires at America's Tire and could easily go to them for rotations.

No comments:

Post a Comment