Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Recall Service.

114,296 miles.

I received two recall notices for the Escape this past year, one for the MECS pump, recall 14S19 (which I already replaced), and one for the electronic power steering, recall 14S05.

According to their receipt and statement of work, they inspected the MECS pump and found that it was already the new style, "no concerns found per recall". If I can find them, I plan to submit my original receipts to Ford for a refund, as described in the recall paperwork.

I'm not sure what they did on the steering; the receipt says "Checked PSCM for codes, system passed, reprogrammed PSCM, tested OK". I assume PSCM means Power Steering Control Module. I can tell they changed something with the steering, because it doesn't seem to turn as sharply as it previously did. Or at least, it feels different when it gets to the end of the travel. It used to stop hard but now it's a bit spongy when you get to the end of the travel. I don't like it but I'll probably get used to it.

UPDATE: I submitted my receipts from the previous service to diagnose and replace the MECS pump, and Ford issued a refund check for this work. I took my receipts directly to the dealer (Capitol Ford), and the check arrived in the mail 2-3 weeks later. Very pleased with their honesty and service!

No comments:

Post a Comment